Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Chicago -- Last and Final Fun Day

Today I am writing about the last day of the Chicago trip.  It was a very long and busy day, but we left there with a lot of memories. 

After getting up and getting a decent breakfast, our first stop was to The Museum of Science and Industry.  There are a lot of really cool things to see.  We went on a "Coal Mine" trip with the whole class, and then everyone split up into groups and saw what they wanted.  We saw some of the human body stuff, although I didn't want to see everything they had to offer.  Spent some time looking at tornados, just a really neat place to visit.  Here are some pictures to show you:

Space Man Erin

Tornado

Erin in "The Big Green Tractor" tire
Climbing the Wall of Success


Wall of Jelly Beans











After that it was lunch time and off to Ed Debevicks.  Ed's is quite a different place.  The waiters and waitresses dress up in costume, and love to hurl insults at you.  The food was good, and everyone had a great time.  The inside also looked like a fifties diner...


Our Waiter

How the tables were set up

Crazy Girl
After that the last thing we did was go to the Willis Tower.  Willis Tower used to be called Sears Tower, but some person bought it and renamed it.  Now being a person who hates heights, I really can live my life and never go to this, but since I didn't want to be the odd man out, I went.  It really is neat, but all I could think of was what if there is an earthquake or some other natural disaster.  I know,  I'm a worrier.  Anyway, here are some pictures.  The one thing they did to the top was build a clear walk out.  It really creeped me out, but I got my picture taken anyway.  I WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN  I promise :)

The city of Chicago

Skyline

This makes me shudder

Mr. Marolf  A really great teacher









Anyway...  that was our trip.  A lot of fun, a lot of memories, and a lot of really good times.  I will always remember my last 8th grade trip.  Thanks for the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment