Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

SPRING BREAK !!!

I am on spring break this week.  I love this time of year.  The birds are getting settled in their new home, and everything seems to be waking up.  Last week was Erin's spring break and I really wanted to spend time at home with her, but work wouldn't allow so I only got two days off.  This week I am cleaning out my garage.  It is an absolute mess.  We have way too much stuff.  It was said on a TV show of all things, that in 1960 there were no storage units in the US.  Today there are over 2 million.  What does that say about us?  We must be the greediest country on the planet.  We save everything or put barely used stuff in the trash for the landfill. When I was young, everything from irons to washing machines were fixable.  Now instead of fixing we buy new because it's cheaper than fixing.  I remember my dad fixing everything.  Our stuff lasted for years.  Take the I-pod for example.  They run on batteries, but a new battery costs about half of what a new ipod costs.  How wasteful. If they made the batteries cheaper and easy to install - have you looked at an ipod?  How do you open it?   Anyway enough of my rant.  I'm going to continue cleaning the garage and then take a walk to enjoy God's creation.  Blessings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment